10 Essentials You Need For Your Wedding Morning – Wedding Tips from a Liverpool Wedding Makeup Artist
As a Liverpool wedding makeup artist, I have spent the morning with hundreds of wedding parties! This has given me a unique perspective on what practical items are vital to have on hand while wedding preparations are happening. I love sharing wedding tips with brides to be.
Here are my top 10 essential items that will make your wedding morning run smoother:
- Breakfast: Eating may be the last thing on your mind due to wedding nerves, but your wedding day is going to be a long one! Make sure you and your bridesmaids have a hearty breakfast, high in protein, to keep your energy levels up. If you aren’t having a hotel breakfast, consider ordering a breakfast grazing table, always a winner for your wedding gang.
- Sewing Kit: You never know when there might be a snag, a small tear, or some beading that may come away. Safety pins and a needle and thread can save the day in many ways! Hopefully you won’t need it.
- Nail Kit: I can’t tell you how many times I have seen bridesmaids in a panic because their nails are a state! A bottle of nail varnish remover, some emery boards, and a nice neutral nail varnish is good to have on just in case someone couldn’t get to their manicurist. Better yet, book everyone in for a vegan gel polish with me before the wedding day, it will not chip and lasts up to 2 weeks.
- Small pair of scissors: These will be needed to remove tags, trim those annoying ribbon hanger things on dresses, or snip any loose threads.
- Crochet hook: Absolutely essential if the bride has those beautiful buttons down the back of her dress. Give the groom one as well for the wedding night to help undo them. It makes those fiddly loops so quick to fasten.
- Shoe comforts: You never know how wedding shoes will feel. Blister plasters, cushioned insoles for heels, plasters, heel grips, all essential for the just in case situations on the wedding morning. Spare tights as well if needed.
- Tit tape: Toupee tape, fashion tape, or tit tape is double sided tape made to prevent wardrobe malfunctions. It can be a lifesaver for dresses that want to gape and show off a bit too much of the bridesmaids!
- Pants: Nude (in the appropriate skin tones and sizes) no VPL ones to be exact. You never know who might forget to wear appropriate knickers! Also, check the knicker situation under the dresses before the wedding day. No one wants to be surprised by VPL!
- A kick ass playlist: Music can make or break a wedding morning! Make a playlist of your fave upbeat tracks, love songs, and maybe even throw in a couple of sentimental tear jerking emotional tunes. It goes a long way to creating a happy chilled atmosphere. A little bluetooth speaker is a great idea too.
- Chill: Yes it is nerve wrecking, but try to relax, enjoy and take it all in. I can tell you from experience, your wedding day flies by far too fast. Months of preparation is over in a matter of hours. Take it all in, this is your big day!
Are you planning on making a wedding morning survival kit? Will it include any of the above? Anything you would like to add? I would love to hear from you! Comment below or hit me up on Instagram with your best tips for the wedding morning.
Mobile wedding make-up artist and hair stylist covering Liverpool, Wirral, Cheshire, Lancashire, St Helens, Widnes. Fresh, natural, radiant bridal makeup in your home or chosen venue. glamoramamakeup.com/wedding-brochure
Liverpool Wedding Makeup Artist