Time for Beauty – Your Essential Bridal Beauty Treatments Checklist
As a Liverpool wedding hair and makeup artist, I am often asked by my brides when is the best time to have their bridal beauty treatments done before the wedding. I have made a useful timeline of when to have bridal beauty treatments done in the run-up to your big day! I hope this will be a handy resource for you. Save the infographic below to print or pin with your other wedding planning information.
Bridal beauty treatments for 12 weeks before (or more!)
- begin having facials every 4 weeks to make sure your skin is in great condition – I offer a course of Skintruth facials perfect for the run up to your wedding!
- start using a hair mask suitable for your hair type once a week – I love the Lush ones and they can advise you on which one is best for you
- start drinking at least 2 litres of water a day to hydrate from the inside out
- Get into a good skincare routine morning and night to keep your skin looking its best
Bridal beauty treatments for 6-8 weeks before
- have your hair and makeup trial – here are my best tips for getting the most from your trial
- get a spray tan trial 2-3 days before your makeup trial – Check out Spray Tans by Clare for a natural, streak-free tan Contact Clare 07873560423 firstname.lastname@example.org to book
- Tryout lashes – If you are considering having lash lift and tint or semi-permanent eyelash extensions for your wedding day, now is the time to test them out to see if you like them and make sure you don’t have an allergic reaction
Bridal beauty treatments for 1 week before
- have your last facial before the wedding to help prevent any breakouts and give your skin a chance to settle before your wedding day
- have a hair trim and your colour done
Bridal beauty treatments for 4 days before
- get any body or facial waxing done (it removes the top layer of your dermis and makeup doesn’t apply well on freshly waxed skin)
- use your hair mask for the last time before your wedding day
Bridal beauty treatments for 2 days before
- get your spray tan done
- have your nails and pedicure done after your tan to prevent staining
- have your lashes done, whether semi-permanent or lash lift and tint
Bridal beauty treatments for the night before
- get a massage to get rid of any tension – I love Holistic Healing Liverpool for her deep Swedish aromatherapy massages
- use a hydrating face mask like this Drunk Elephant one to plump up your skin ready for your makeup the next morning – DO NOT try any new treatments, masks or exfoliators the night before your wedding!
- get a wash and blow or wash and dry your hair at home, ready for styling, unless otherwise recommended by your hair stylist
- Relax!!! Easier said than done, but set the scene. Light scented candles, listen to your favourite tunes, watch your favourite movie, have a bath. Just chill as much as possible
I hope this checklist is useful for you! Which bridal beauty treatments will be absolutely essential for your wedding day? Let me know in the comments!