How to Apply False Eyelashes – Learn Step by Step (and video!)
Hey, how ya doin? Is lockdown getting to you? Have your lash extensions all fallen off by now? Are you feeling bald? I am bringing it for you today! We are talking false strip lashes and how to apply them. I am outlining step by step how to apply false eyelashes, and I have also made a video so you can watch me apply them while I talk you through the process.
You will need the following items to apply your strip lashes:
- A pair of false eye lashes
- Lash glue (I love Duo Quick Dry Waterproof)
Step by Step How to Apply False Lashes
1. I begin with applying mascara to top and bottom lashes. Some makeup artists prefer to apply mascara after lashes, but I think by doing it before it creates something firmer for the lashes to grip on to. Make sure that it isn’t too thick or clumpy.
2. Prep your false lashes. Remove them from the package and hold them up to your eyes to see if you need to trim them. (Top tip: consider which lash is for which eye. Some brands mark them, others do not.The shortest lashes go in the inner corner.) I prefer to trim lashes from the outer corner where the longest lashes are because it will maintain the shape of the lashes.
3. Loosen the band up. Hold the lashes by either end and gently bend the band and roll it back and forth to make it more flexible and easier to apply. Alternatively, use the handle of an eye shadow brush and wrap the lash around the handle and leave for a few minutes. Loosening the band will make the lash more flexible and easier to stick down.
4. Apply a thin layer of glue along the band of the lash and leave for 30 seconds or until the glue is nearly dry. An easy way to judge this is you are using a glue that is white but dries clear is that it is about 50% clear. We want tacky glue, if it’s too wet the lash won’t stick and it will slide around and turn into a hot mess. THIS IS THE WHERE MOST PEOPLE GIVE UP! Don’t be that person.
5. Using tweezers, drop the lashes onto the center of your lash line. The band should rest along the base of your lashes (where your lashes are joined to your eyelid). Now attach each corner, using the tweezers to grab the end of the lashes and stick them down.
6. Take your fingers or tweezers, whichever feels most comfortable for you, and pinch along your lashes to make sure they are stuck down and in the right place.
7. If needed, apply more mascara to blend the false lashes into your natural lashes. You may also need to add more eyeliner to hide the band of the lashes if it is visible, or if you removed or covered your eye liner during the lash application.
Here is my video tutorial on how to apply strip eye lashes.
Make sure you subscribe to my YouTube channel to keep up to date with all of my videos!
I hope this step by step tutorial helps you. If you have any questions, pop them in the comments.
If you need more help with applying lashes or any other makeup, let’s do an online makeup lesson! Get in touch for more information!