How to create a smokey eye is a topic I am always asked about. I am going to share some Top Tip Tuesday tips with you today. These are simple and easy to achieve with a little practice!
1. Use a gel liner to create the perfect base for your shadow. You can use any colour, black will give you the most intense look. My favourite is Illamasqua Precision Gel Liner in infinity. Be sure to blend the colour into the crease using a fluffy blending brush, like a MAC 217.
2. After applying your gel base, apply your choice of powder shadow or pigment on top. I like to use metallic or duo chrome shadows which gives a bang in trend look. MAC shadow in Woodwinked creates a great brown smoke., and I LOVE Makeup Geek Duo Chrome in Havoc which is an irridescent green/bronze.
3. Line the eyes with a black kohl pencil and smudge it out using a small shadow or pencil brush. Zoeva Graphic Eyes pencil in Black to Earth is super smudgey and sets waterproof.
4. Clean up the under eye area using a cotton bud dipped in your favourite micellar water. I like L'Oreal Skin Perfection Micellar Water. Use the same method to sharpen a winged edge on your eye if desired. Follow by applying concealer.
5. Finish the look with a few coats of mascara and lashes if desired.
Do you have a makeup question that you would like me to answer? Comment below and I will answer it in an upcoming blog!