I am booking lots of wedding makeup and hair at the moment, and I absolutely love it. It is so much fun speaking to brides to be on a daily basis and feeling their excitement! I am so grateful to do what I absolutely love for a living.
Booking the wedding date is priority, but so is booking your trial!
Trials take place in your home as I am mobile (if that isn't convenient for you, I can make arrangements to see you in my home). I schedule 90 minutes for your wedding makeup trial, and 2-3 hours for your wedding hair and makeup trial. I like to begin by getting to know you a little better, discussing your personal style, the overall style of your wedding, what the dresses are like, and ultimately how you would like to look on the day. I like to see your inspirations, but if you are unsure that is okay! Don't panic, we will work together to create your perfect wedding hair and makeup. After that, the fun begins! I bring the makeup studio to you, with my kit full of gorgeous cruelty free makeup and skincare, hair essentials, and professional lighting.
We play with makeup and create a look that makes you look and feel absolutely fantastic.
First I like to check out your skin and see if we need to do any extra skincare in the run up to your wedding day. I then prep and prime your skin to get it ready for perfect makeup application. I usually do just one eye to begin with. I will show you what we are doing as we go along and get your feedback so that I can tweak the look until it is perfect, before completing the look by finishing both eyes. I keep the dialogue open and check that you are happy during the process. I then make a record of the products used and take photos for reference.
I recommend my brides book their trial 6-8 weeks before the wedding day, however you can book in whenever suits you best. I wouldn't recommend too early, just in case you change your mind as we would then need to book an additional trial at additional cost. If possible, booking for your hen party or pre-wedding photo shoot is a great idea to get an idea of how fabulous the makeup will last and photograph on your wedding day. I am happy to add more makeup/colour to your look to change it up for you if time allows. You can also book additional trials for your mum or bridesmaids to have at the same time as your trial (subject to additional charge). Please ask me for more information about this.
Here are a few tips to help you get the most from your wedding makeup and hair trial:
1. Please wear your normal, everyday makeup to the trial. This gives me an idea of your personal style, and I will remove everything for you before doing your skin care.
2. Bring along as many inspiration photos of makeup/hair as you like, we will discuss what you want and create a look special to you. I would also love to see photos of your wedding dress, bridesmaids, flowers etc. if possible to give me an overall feel for your wedding. I would love for you to send me your Pinterest wedding makeup and hair board if you have one!
3. Please let me know of any allergies or sensitivities that you or your bridal party have.
4. If you are considering a spray tan before your wedding day, I would recommend you have a trial of that as well. Ideally 2 days before we have our trial. It isn't essential, but it will give us both a better idea of the finished look. Avoid tanning on your face as this can affect the makeup application. I will be sure to match you up!
5. If we are doing a hair trial, please do not wash your hair the day of the trial. It is best washed the day before, unless you have very greasy hair. Also, don't forget to have any hair accessories, tiaras, or veils available to try with your do!
6. Skin care is essential! Your makeup will only look as good as the skin beneath it. Please ensure you are cleansing, toning and moisturising twice a day including a good eye cream. Never sleep in makeup!!!
Facials are great, however they can bring out blemishes. Leave 5-7 days after a facial before our trial (same goes for your wedding day). I offer a course of Skintruth Facials leading up to your wedding day, click here for more information.
7. Have any facial or brow waxing done at least 2 days prior to your trial and also wedding day. I do recommend having your brows waxed and groomed, they play a huge part in framing your face! Brow grooming is one of the most popular extra beauty services that my brides book with me, click here to read more!
I hope you have found this blog helpful. I am still booking for 2020, and my diary is open for 2021! I have dates available for wedding hair and makeup in Liverpool, Cheshire, Wirral, and the entire North West of England. I’d love to discuss your wedding makeup and hair needs with you, click here to see our wedding brochure where you can create your very own wedding hair and makeup package.
For more wedding planning advice from Liverpool's best wedding suppliers, be sure to visit and follow my other blog baby The Liverpool Wedding Blog! I collaborate with Lucy Hannah Photography to bring you essential information about planning your Liverpool wedding!