Smokey eyes are the one makeup technique that a lot of people struggle with. I often get asked about how to create a sexy, smokey eye look. I have a very simple go-to technique that anyone can master when it comes to doing smokey eyes. Read on to learn my tricks… and watch my smokey eyes tutorial video at the end!
*contains affiliate links
1. Apply a super thin layer of eye shadow primer to the lids. At the moment I am loving
2. Use a gel liner to create the perfect base for your shadow. You can use any colour, black will give you the most intense look. My favourite is Illamasqua Precision Gel Liner.
3. After applying your gel base, apply your choice of powder shadow or pigment on top. I like to use metallic or duo chrome shadows which gives a bang on trend look. Sample Beauty loose pigments are beautiful for this.
4. Line the eyes with a black kohl pencil and smudge it out using a small shadow or pencil brush.
5. Clean up the under eye area using a cotton bud dipped in your favourite micellar water. This will pick up any fallout from the shadow or pigment. Use the same method to sharpen a winged edge on your eye if desired. Follow by applying concealer.
6. Finish the look with a few coats of mascara and lashes if desired.
So, that is my step by step guide to creating a quick and easy smokey eye! Want more practice? Book a makeup masterclass lesson with me!