The COVID-19 pandemic has been stressful for everyone. Anxiety and stress are not good for your health, and it is important to look after yourself. My hubby and I recently treated ourselves to a Spa Day at Home, and it was so relaxing. We really needed that time to chill out and forget about the troubles in the world. I am sharing my self-care ideas with you, and i hope that some of these will uplift you and help you to feel better.
I have included links to some of my favourite pamper products. Please note that some of these are affiliate links, this means I earn a small commission from any purchases made via this link. This does not affect my recommendations. Thank you!
Set the Scene for your Spa Day at Home
Creating the right atmosphere will help you to fully immerse yourself into the spa day at home. Make sure your room is warm and you have somewhere to lie back and relax. Put on a fluffy dressing gown and comfy socks or slippers. Soft blankets and pillows will be essential too. Create ambiance by:
- Lighting your favourite scented candles
- Spray a relaxing room mist
- Put on relaxing background music (I like the spa music available on Spotify)
- Have a mug of herbal tea or a glass of fizz if you prefer
Self-care for your Hair
With the lack of hairdressing happening at the moment, all of our hair could do with a little TLC. Work a hair mask through your locks and put it up in a shower cap while you pamper yourself. You can use your favourite store bought mask or make your own!
Hair mask recipe:
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of castor oil
- 5 drops of rosemary oil
- Mix ingredients in a glass bowl and melt gently over a pan of boiled water. Be careful not to overheat. Brush though your hair and massage into the scalp. Wrap in a towel or cover with a shower cap. Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- When it is time to wash out, apply shampoo directly onto hair without wetting it first, Massage the shampoo thoroughly to emulsify with the oil. Rinse and repeat.
Or you can try these 2 fab masks:
Run a deep and hot bath and add a luxurious bath oil. Surround your bath with tea lights, and lie back and relax. There are few things nicer than a good soak in the tub. While you are soaking, exfoliate your body with scrumptious scrub. Exfoliation plus moisture from the bath oil will leave you silky smooth.
Here’s my perfect bath:
Now is the time to really pamper your skin and get it feeling it’s absolute best with a facial. Last year, I outlined an eight step luxury facial that you can DIY at home. Read this blog post to determine your skin type and see suggested products for you.
I am going to add a few suggestions to make this process even more luxurious! When you apply your nourishing mask, pop on some under eye masks too, and lie back and relax while they work their magic.
Using a jade or quartz roller or Gua Sha massager when you apply your facial oil will stimulate blood circulation and improve hydration and firmness of the skin.
Your feet need love too! Fill a foot spa or washing up bowl with hot water, and handful of epsom salts, a peppermint tea bag, and a few slices of lemon for a refreshing soak. Don’t forget to massage them with lotion afterwards and put on some fluffy socks!
Finish off your spa day with a relaxing massage. Use your choice of massage oil, rub a small amount between your palms and rub firmly over your legs from the ankles up towards the torso, and each arm from the hands up towards the chest. Massage your shoulders and neck, or get someone else to do it for you if you are so lucky!
Temple Spa Drift Away Bath and Massage Oil is AMAZING. It smells like a heavenly spa, and it is seriously magic at making you feel calm, chilled, and reposed. Your skin will be deeply nourished and moisturised too. This is my absolute favourite spa product.
Daily Self-Care – Spa Style!
There are little things you can do each day that will elevate your beauty game and make you feel a little bit special.
- Use a luxurious hand cream and give yourself a two-minute hand massage
- Use an aromatherapy oil diffuser to improve your atmosphere
- Spritz your bedroom with a relaxing room spray at bedtime
- Dry brush your body before you shower to stimulate circulation
- Give your neck and shoulders a little self-massage at break times
- Burn a candle in your workspace if possible
Spa Day at Home in a Box
We purchased this Spa Retreat Gift Set from Temple Spa for our pamper night. I had never tried this brand before, I loved that they were cruelty-free and vegan. Every product in this set smelled amazing, and the quality was fantastic! I have since purchased a full size of the cleansing balm, massage oil, and also the hand cream and room spray. This was the perfect way to pamper ourselves and have a super chilled spa day at home.
Will you be having a spa day at home? I’d love to hear all about it! Comment below or let me know on Instagram!
Love and hugs,